This is our latest twist on poached eggs, and it is definitely worth trying. The salsa is made first and adds a really fresh flavor to the poached eggs. I’m not sure if Turkish Toast is readily available in the US, as I only just discovered it here in Australia, but it is delicious!
Recipe adapted from Taste.com.au
- 3 tomates, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1 loaf turkish bread, or 8 slices of your fav
- Combine first 5 ingredients and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Bring large saucepan to a boil. Add about a tablespoon vinegar, and a teaspoon salt and reduce to a simmer. Swirl the water with a whisk and gently put and egg in the water. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from water with slotted spoon and cover to keep warm. Repeat for remaining eggs.
- Toast the bread, top with salsa then egg.