Yesterday was a scorching hot day – 107 degrees – so I wanted to make something quick in the morning that would be equally as quick to serve later for dinner. On hot days we usually grill, but we were out of propane! Oh and we currently don’t have air-conditioning!! We are crossing our fingers that it gets installed Monday.
This recipe inspired from The Easy Pressure Cooker Cookbook. I used my pressure cooker to poach the chicken, which only takes about 5 minutes. I was so excited to find Stubbs BBQ Sauce at the new Costco here!! When we lived in Austin we would go to Stubbs for the BBQ and live music – ahhh those were the days!!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion
- 1 1/c cups chicken stock
- BBQ sauce
- To make rub: combine the garlic salt, brown sugar, paprika, cayenne, celery seeds and onion in a small bowl.
- Rubs spices on chicken, place chicken in pot and pour in chicken stock (the stock should cover the chicken).
- Bring to a boil, cover and remove from heat. Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from stock. Strain stock and reserve. Shred chicken.
- Combine shredded chicken, 1 cup of stock, and 1 1/c cups of your favorite BBQ sauce mix well and simmer.