Here is the version of red curry I made for my family. In my class at the Sydney Fish Market we made it with fish (any fish that would work for a kabob would work well).
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup tamarind water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 small pineapple
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 3 chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- cilantro for garnish
- Spoon 1 cup of the cream from the top of the coconut can into wok and heat until boiling.
- Add curry paste and about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar fish sauce, tamarind water, stock and remaining coconut milk.
- Boil for about 5 minutes and sauce is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat, add pineapple, kaffir lime leaves and chicken. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary and garnish with cilantro.